Find Out what We're All About!
We promote awareness and understanding...
The Lac La Biche Agricultural Society promotes awareness and understanding of agriculture's vital role in the community, while being respectful of a diverse heritage with a progressive focus on innovation for the future.
The Lac La Biche Agricultural Society Values...
- Providing service to the community that is accountable, accessible and affordable
- Advancement by both an individual and team approach
- Maintaining honesty and integrity, modeling respect and patience, and promoting an enjoyable and fun atmosphere
- Cooperation through member participation
- Acknowledgement and respect of the hard-working volunteers
We provide dynamic leadership and vision...
The Lac La Biche Agricultural Society provides leadership and vision as a vital contributor of community development in Lac La Biche County. The Society practices economic self-sufficiency and accountability. Independent and collaborative events and programs are organized and delivered with professionalism focusing on the needs of the community.
Our objectives and goals...
- To encourage improvement in agriculture, horticulture and the equality of family life in the community by developing programs, services and facilities based on the needs of both the rural and urban community
- To sponsor an annual exhibition
- To sponsor educational events and short course on agricultural topics
- To provide scholarships to students attending post-secondary studies in an agricultural field
- To provide an opportunity for artisans to display and market their products
Our long and proud history in Lac La Biche County
Our history is remarkable, and was forged through the hard work and dedication of hundreds of volunteers with the goal of enriching our community. On December 19, 1973, we were registered under the Agricultural Societies Act.
When we started we had no building and no money, but in 1988 our organization bloomed to life when a dedicated group of volunteers rejuvenated the society. They hand-painted signs on Christmas bags to sell in our first fundraising efforts which raised enough money to apply for a bingo license. From that humble beginning, a long-running fundraising campaign began in earnest.
After over a decade of effort, between 1999 and 2002 the society was able to purchase 32 acres of land from the Arthur and Anita Cadieux family for the purpose of agricultural promotion and events. An outdoor riding arena was erected that year, and in 2005 the Lakeland Agricom building was completed.
In 2012 our outdoor pavilion expansion was completed, providing the Lac La Biche area with a beautiful sheltered outdoor facility to showcase equestrian events, rodeos and our annual Lakeland Country Fair.
We couldn't have come this far without the generosity of the Cadieux family, and the Arthur & Anita Cadieux Agricultural Grounds, which encompass our outdoor pavilion and fairgrounds, are named in their honor. The Cadieuxs believe what we believe - that agriculture is the foundation of our society and has an essential role in our future.
Become a member!
Do you have a passion for agriculture and want to be a member of our society? Memberships are available for anyone 18 years or older for a $10 annual fee. You will be kept up to date on what's happening in our Ag Society, be notified of upcoming meetings and social events and have the opportunity to influence the direction of the society through your participation. Everyone is welcome!
Apply for a scholarship!
If you have attended school in Lac La Biche County and you are entering a post-secondary education field of study related to the agriculture or agri-food industry, you're in luck. The Ag Society has a scholarship program which grants two scholarships annually worth $1000 each. If agriculture is your planned career, we'd like to help you reach your goal.
Apply today! Click here for the complete Agricultural Scholarship Form.